kaluga park

kaluga park

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

second visit-day 2 in kaluga

We took a break after our morning visit and had a nice nap after pizza!  Around 4:00 PM we met Vasa and played with him until we wore him out around 5:45.  He loves to blow bubbles!  He played in the ball pit, played hide and seek, rode the power wheel motorcycle and ate cheerios / yogurt bites.  Always a hit!  He made our day today - I took him up to the potty and Nadia, our translator, told us one of the caretakers that was helping in the afternoon reported that Vasa told them during nap time that "his mommy was going to come again"!  WOW!  He has started calling me Papa.  That is not quite the word we know but "Dada" is just a male which he called me yesterday.  Papa is a bit more endearing.

Vasa was not quite as active this afternoon as he was yesterday.  He let us hold him, sat in our laps, let us tickle him.  I think he is getting more comfortable just being himself around us.  Nadia told us that when he gets home and we are the ones providing food etc for him all will move rapidly in his trusting.  He is a very sweet and funny little boy.  He really likes to laugh,  It is fun to be with him.  He does tire quickly with so much individual play time.

We are having a hard time taking him back to his room.  We would like to play longer.  When we take him back it is hard to watch the other 11 children in his room who are so impressed to see a man.  There is a lot of need.  We are so thankful to have the opportunity to help and very thankful to our incredible families for allowing us the grace to be here!  You are the best!

There are three little girls that are greatly missed all the way from cold, cold Russia!  Give Ava, Allie and Addison love from their parents who wish their three princesses were here with us!  You are our hearts and we love you and miss you very much.  We will be home very soon!

Love to all - Josh and Claire

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us share this trip with you. Your writing is so descriptive I feel like I'm there. He is a happy little fellow ! I love to see his joy. The girls miss you but are busy and know you'll be home soon. They have been wonderfully sweet and lots of fun. They love you so much. We love you as well !

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my third time trying to comment!

    THANK YOU for sharing this trip with us. i love every detail. my body may be in columbus but my heart is in russia! i am in love with this little boy.

    praying for you guys and for vasa. i know God has ordained this whole thing and i can't wait to have him in our lives forever!!

    bring one home for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so excited to be on this journey with you! Claire, I have a Russian hat I should have let you borrow! We love to read about your daily adventures with Vasa. Much love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh and Claire - so glad everything is going well. I know it is hard to be away from your girls. I am thinking of how difficult that will be when I leave my Clare for my first trip and I can just imagine how you are feeling. But how wonderful that you are connecting so quickly with Vasa. I am just so happy for you and your growing family. What an absolute blessing. Thanks for keeping us posted. I am watching the clock for the next post!

    ReplyDelete