kaluga park

kaluga park

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Trying to stay busy

CSS said to expect to go back mid-May because of Russian holidays.  A little discouraging, but when I look at the calendar, 5 weeks or so doesn't seem too far away.  I've been fretting a little bit about the government shut down thing.  We think we are going to go ahead and apply for a visa, just in case this happens.  We also are concerned about one of our original forms (FBI) not having an apostille.  We have the copy apostilled, but we are still confused about whether or not the original needs to be done.  We may get a runner in DC to have it done for us in DC just in case we have the government shutdown issue there, too.
      Our CSS worker has been sick or out of town each time I've called lately, so that has been stressful.  She has every right to take vacation and be sick, but it's nice to have someone there to hold my hand a little during high stress moments and I can't get her on the phone.  My best way to relate it--kind of like when you're pregnant and your doctor is out of town and you have an issue or on your due date he is at the beach.  They have every right to do that, but it still stinks.  Now when the baby comes, the janitor could deliver it for all you care, but leading up to it, you want to pretend that your doctor will be there at that moment.  I'm sure when I'm finally in Russia for the pick up trip, I won't care who lets me out of the country with him, just let me out safely (and legally).  But the wait and anticipation is stressful for biological or adoptive kids.  Josh made a good point yesterday.  He said-remember when you were pregnant and everybody said -enjoy your time together while you have it-go to the movies, enjoy this and that... because when the baby comes it is chaotic for a while--he said we should be enjoying the last few weeks of non-chaos with three kids instead of four.  When you're at the end of a pregnancy, though, all you can think about is having that baby out and moving on with life to come.  Same thing here.  I just want to have him here and move on with life to come.  Trying to enjoy it right now, though.  We are at my parent's river place with my sister's family.  I'm enjoying having a few moments to myself and it is quiet!  When V gets here, I may be a nervous wreck at the river.  He may not have a healthy fear of the water yet, and certainly doesn't know how to swim!  He may be wearing a life vest at all times for the first few months at the river (maybe he can take it off to sleep--but then what if he walks outside at night?!)
  


No comments:

Post a Comment