kaluga park

kaluga park

Thursday, April 14, 2011

We think May

We got a little bit of news today.  Our final paperwork for our court date is now in Kaluga and they will be taking it to the judge on Monday.  CSS said the judge likes to thoroughly review it before she assigns a court date.  They are hopeful, but not sure that she will assign us a court date before she leaves for their holidays.  So, we think we are looking at the earliest after May 11 (if she works that week).  They have holidays the first two weeks of May and the last week of April, I guess, is also Easter.  I don't know if the Russian Orthodox calendar is any different for that.
 Little down about that.  We are now missing at least another month of V's life.  Here, May is a very busy month for our family.  The girls have awards banquets and parties for the last week of school, preschool graduation, and new teacher assignments.  We also are taking the semi-annual big family trip to disney world the week after that.  My baby turns 5-which she has been excited about for months-the end of May.  So I have a torn heart.  I long to go as early as possible to get V-wish it were April.  April is also the easy month and the closer month!  I am already sad about missing out on some of the big events the girls have in May.  I'm not sad enough, though,  to want to wait until June to get V-that would be torture.
Yet, I believe in God's big picture plan in all of this--Josh explains this as the amazing race. Never in our wildest dreams did we really think we would be in the middle of all of this.  It's hard at times, but what a fun and exciting ride!  I'm trying to enjoy the experience.  I think the Lord is teaching me a lot--I have never been known for my patience in times that are out of my control.  Probably an area that needs work in my life.  Even dd told me today I needed to be more patient about things.  What we can learn from a four year old.  Please pray for the judge to find favor in our information, that it is complete, and he/she sees us as one big happy family that is not complete without our Vasa.  Pray for protection of Vasa's body and heart.  Pray for the camcorder to not malfunction and to capture all of the girls' memories while we're gone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment