kaluga park

kaluga park

Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Day in Court

When I told my boss that we were coming to Russia to appear in Court for our son he joking asked if Vasa was already in that much trouble.  We have long awaited "our day in court" and it is now upon us.  Claire and I, as is our custom here, have enjoyed several cups of Nescafe', had our breakfast and have been reading.  Jill/JD and Jan let us borrow their Kindles (which have been great) so we've been reading books in their libraries.  I just started one today that must have been Jack's.  It's pretty good!

We have applied our wrinkle release spray, which Claire swears does something, to our clothes so we don't look like we slept in our nice outfits.  JD laughed at us while at Disney because I had packed for this trip a week prior so my suit has been in a carry on suitcase (only 1/2 was used for me) for about 16 days!  I think we feel decently prepared for our court appearance this morning.  At first we were told it would most likely be in the afternoon.  I am happy that we go to court this morning so we can enjoy lunch afterward and relax a bit more.

I think we have already decided on the pizza place we ate lunch in yesterday.  Again, outside of Vasa, few things are as important to Chicken and I as our food.  We might try the Stroganoff pizza today.  It sounded really good to me.  I don't know what Claire will feel like by then.  It might be hard to beat yesterday's four cheese.

I want to thank everyone for their support, prayers and kind words.  We have absolutely felt the Lord's peace throughout this trip!  We might keep some weird hours but we have rested well and our time with our little boy has been very fruitful.  We can't wait to introduce all of you to him.

I wasn't sure when we arrived but I think we have become a fan of this hotel vs the other here in Kaluga.  It is nice, quiet and off the busy street.  We have two rooms and the couch we are sitting on is a pull out bed which would be perfect for Vasa.  We have also enjoyed our boil pot for coffee.  The wifi in our room has been really nice.  It is much more fun for us to search on line, work and keep up with home while sitting in our room rather than going to the lobby.  Claire and I have tried to stay up with Kalugan life by watching tv a bit.  There are no English channels in this hotel (one BBC channel at the other) so we have been trying to catch words or phrases.  Yesterday we watched about 30 mins of a E True Hollywood Story about Tyra Banks.  What?  "That was Tyra Banks fool!"  I will always hear the commercials for Penny Hardaway and his little puppet "lil penny" when I see her.  We thought it was funny to watch as all the story was in English but we could only hear before the dubbing came on.  Funny how you can entertain yourself.

We got a fist pump of approval yesterday as we left the hotel.  It made us laugh.  We were told on our last visit that customarily you leave your key with the front desk when you go out of the hotel.  Not sure why but I guess they don't want you to lose the key.  The cleaning staff does come into our room so I guess safety of the key is the only reason.  As we left yesterday afternoon we were asked to leave our key.  We did and on the way out we got an Arsenial Hall like fist pump.  Couple of Yankees!

I suppose I'll get back to Jack's book (which is probably over my reading level) and then get ready for court.  Again, thanks for your prayers and encouragement!  It means the World to Claire and I that you so lovingly support us and care for us and our children!  There is no way for us to tell you how much we love each of you.  We are so blessed to have family and friends as incredible as you.  JD is right, Vasa has hit the lottery as he comes into this wonderful family of friends and relatives!

Until our day in court is over and we can officially tell you we have a son...paka Joshua

No comments:

Post a Comment