kaluga park

kaluga park

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Something you should know

This blog has been a beautiful communication tool for Claire and I while being away during our adoption process.  We have written much of God's faithfulness to us, Vasa and his sweet little life and the exciting adventure we have been on since February when travel began.

I wanted to take a moment to share with you some of the amazing adventures that I live each day just because I have the most incredible group of girls living in my home!  I don't think I have shared much about my girls but for those of you who don't know them I pray one day you get the chance to meet them.

My oldest, Ava, is almost 9 but most days she could be 20.  Ava is patient, kind, loving, teaching, caring and beautiful!  She loves to spend time with Claire and I.  Ava was the student of the year in 3rd grade this year at her school (i'm bragging a bit) and while there are many, many smart and wonderful students in Ava's grade (most notably her cousin Jack) she was chosen this year.  I believe it is due mostly to her sweet spirit.  Ava is smart and works very hard but she is very kind and always does what she is asked without complaining (at least at school).  At home she loves her sisters.  She sometimes struggles because she is getting older and my two younger girls like to play games and pretend while Ava would rather not play the same games.  The girls do a wonderful job of playing together and loving one another but they are sisters and that leads to a few screams and tears from time to time.  All said, Ava is a sweet and wonderful daughter and I couldn't be more proud that I get to be her father!

My second, Allie, just turned 7.  Allie is sensitive, loving, joyful, imaginative, and daring.  Allie loves to make people laugh.  When the family is all together or there are people around with whom she is comfortable she is ready to make someone smile.  She will work at this no matter what.  She will make up stories, events, challenges, dances etc.  She loves music and likes to imitate the performer.  She is pretty good too (we can't get her to do her Ludachris imitation from Justin Bieber's "Baby" for anyone but it's funny).  Allie is a great student but she will turn in her work early (even wrong) just to get to continue her conversation with others.  She would come home on "yellow" during the year for talking.  Her response would be that "It just couldn't stop".  Allie worries about things that I wish she wouldn't.  She tends to reason like an adult and sees risk in places that I pray she would rest and trust in God.  I tell you that this child brings something different to every day and she along with her older sister will be an amazing teacher for their little brother.

My baby girl, Addison, turned 5 a week ago.  Addison is completely delightful!  She is an entertainer at heart.  I often refer to her as our cruise director.  DD, as we call her, will enter kindergarten in the fall.  Her job during the past few years around the house on school days was to report to Claire and I Ava and Allie's progress as they got ready for school.  We never asked her to tell us but she would run around the house and come update us on who had their pants on or was brushing their teeth.  This little lady is rarely in a bad mood.  She is such a joyful, sharing, selfless child.  I love to watch her play with toys.  I don't know many children (other than her cousin Weston with his pokemon) who enjoy playing with just about anything like DD.  She loves to learn too.  She is reading so well, she can remember anything if it is put to music and she loves to laugh.  I wish you could hear her laugh!

These are my precious little ladies.  I couldn't be more proud or blessed than to call these perfect little people my daughters!  Yes, they are all asleep right now but that by no means is why I could refer to them as perfect.  I do realize that they fuss, fight, disobey and can be challenging but so can I.  I am not always who I was created to be or live up to the potential that was designed for me but the grace and love that meets my imperfection is the same Spirit that allows me to say my girls are perfect just as they are today!

I'm surrounded by wonderful children!  You also should know Jack and Weston, my nephews.  These two heartbreakers are such funny, sweet and giving little gentlemen!  I cannot believe that the response from these two guys of Vasa's coming is that they now have even numbers with the girls.  3 on 3!  They are ready to share a room on vacation, teach how to swim, tube and fish at the river or just do anything that is completely boy (and believe me they are all boy!)

That leaves my wife.  Honestly, there isn't enough time or cyber space for me to tell you about my Claire.  She has been my best friend since 1993.  I continue to wonder how I could ever have ended up with such a loving, smart, beautiful and incredible partner.  I believe that God gives us what we can handle in life, which means that I can't handle anything (thus I have Claire and the three girls listed above) and my wife is the most patient and long suffering person on the planet!  While that is very true and you can clearly see her patience, love and sacrifice everyday as she parents, cares for and loves our family - she is an amazing representation of her Heavenly Father!  She possess all the fruit of the Spirit and has since I've known her.  She doesn't have anything but love to share!  She comes from the most incredible family and I couldn't be more thankful for my in laws!  Through her family I have a wonderful sister and I have a great older brother in JD.  There is no way to describe how much I love and appreciate my wife!  If you know her you know love, grace and beauty.  She is my best friend and my partner in our amazing journey and there is nothing I could ever dream to be more wonderful than her!  This is where God's word come true for me "He is able to do more than we can even ask or imagine!"

I could go on and on!  Believe me I haven't even touched on my family - which will be another post some time.  I just thought it fair for you all to know a little bit more about my fun home life!

Sorry for writing about my peeps but I just couldn't help it!  Josh

1 comment:

  1. well said josh! you are definitely blessed. i too adore your girls (including claire!!) i am very thankful for our family. i love, love, love the hesters & usserys. what a cool gift from God.

    i love that you make your girls laugh and that you enjoy their humor. they really are some hilarious kids. (but so are you & claire!) it's fun for me to see you as a dad. it makes me smile to know you are still the same josh i grew up with. you dress well, you are funny, you leave your girls notes just like you did for me growing up, you are faithful to Christ and seek to lead your family in a godly way. thanks for doing that.

    you know me...i wouldn't lie! i am VERY proud of you for being a man of God. thanks to you & claire for being obedient to the call on your life to adopt vasa. i've said it before and i'll say it again - this is truly a calling for your entire family and you've ALL handled it with bravery (did i make that word up?) & grace. i'm blown away.

    i cannot wait to love on vasa!!!!!! i am giddy thinking about how much he's going to LOVE his new life :)

    ReplyDelete