kaluga park

kaluga park

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Long mornings

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you have six hours to get ready and meet your party.  Claire and I wake up with the sun that rises around 4:30 AM.  We don't have to be ready until 10 so there is much time for a leisurely breakfast, quiet time in the Word, reading, blogging, working, studying for court, re-decorating the room, taking up online painting classes, word working classes, daydreaming, taking a nap, and eventually getting ready an hour early so we can sit on the couch.  I believe this is what a perfect life would be like (not the getting up too early but the leisurely pace)!

What we thought was a brilliant idea to download a netflix movie last night turned out to be a tease.  Who knew Netflix wasn't international?  I'm gonna write my congressman - or Consulate.  I thought I beat the system by going directly to the network websites to download shows...no dice, tried Hulu - nope again.  The only thing that did work was You Tube, which has a limited amount of free movies you've never heard of but the buffering process was unbearable so we read.  Don't get me wrong, I love to read but trying to stay awake past 10 pm is difficult with a full tummy, gentle breeze blowing and a soft bed while reading.

While I was joking about taking on projects with our morning time we have enjoying reading back over our home study, reading/praying together and having time to think before our day begins.  We haven't heard much about tomorrow and the court time etc.  We are hopeful to get pretty good insight on what the day will hold.  JD, we found a promising steak place just down the road called the Black Bull (apparently the Jones boys are opening restaurants in Kaluga) that we might try in celebration if all goes well tomorrow.

The place we lunched in yesterday had a kids table with toys on it and a big screen which played cartoons.  It is right down the road a block or so and has a menu English.  The food was nice and I think it is somewhere we will take Vasa in a couple weeks.  If you will remember, for our avid blog readers, Kaluga was the birth place of the Russian who first constructed and formulated the Russian space efforts.  It was kinda funny that right above our table was an article from the Huntsville paper, all in English, on how the Russian's had sent a man into space.  Brought a bit of home back to us as our dear family, the Griffs, love Huntsville!

A note for Jae, while shopping for milk last night I glanced at the beer aisle and found an Alabama beer. Blue can, red letters and white stars.  There will be one consumed in your honor my friend with pictures to boot.

Well, my time of leisure is rapidly escaping me as I now only have 32 minuets to be down stairs and ready.  The funny part is - while having all this time I find myself rushing a bit to make it.  Jan, I feel ya sister!

As always, we'll try to have two additions to our blog before you all wake on Thursday.  Love to our peeps!  Josh and Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment